SubjectRe: Ok, I give up...
At 04:25 PM 12/23/99 +0100, Ward Vandewege wrote:
<snip>
>Brief summary: machines on 2.2.x crash irregulary when a webserver is
>enabled in this particular setup. Behaviour: after a while the machine
>start generating a lot of disk access (swapping?), and then it just
>suddenly dies, nothing on the screen. We run apache 1.3.9, but the same

Yes I am seeing a similar type of behavior. Once a server starts swapping,
it continues to swap heavily until it locks up. I only see it happen on my
web servers (all running apache 1.3.9). My 3 other boxes ( similar
hardware to my webservers) that run mail, firewall and X have 100+ days of
uptime, so it seems like it is some activity that the web server does that
spurs this problem on. I've compiled in ikd to a couple of my servers and
am working on setting up a test environment to see if I can recreate this
problem on a test machine. If I get anything useful, I will post it to l-k.

David

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.084 / U:0.084 seconds]