SubjectRe: Linux 2.2.14pre15
Date
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:25:19 -0500, you wrote:

> In fact, nothing is wrong with the signal.h file, the value which is
> less than 0 is constant and leads to the eliminatin of the loop which is
> precisely what we want. I have a patch that would remove this warning
> and thus make -W a usable option, I just need to tidy it up and submit it.

SInce the kernel works, I never thought these were severe problems. :-)

I doubt that -W will ever be useful for a release kernel; there's just too
much noise. For a verification build, however, it's extremely useful.

The next step is to look into the 900+ "comparison between signed and unsigned
quantities." Most of them are probably harmless but if a negative signed
quantity is ever compared to an unsigned quantity you've got problems.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.399 / U:0.168 seconds]