    SubjectRe: Can't hardlink in different dirs. (BUG#826)

    On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > I completly agree with you that the suid hardlink issue is not a good
    > point for the above issues. Doing >suid is the right thing to do.
    > But for the quota forbidding the hardlink in such case is a good point
    > IMHO.

    Same mechanism. If I see that foo is nearing the quota I can nohup the
    _small_ program that will run through foo's directories every hour and
    open everything new. If I'll be in really nasty mood I'll send it to
    myself through AF_UNIX socketpair and come out clean on fuser (and avoid
    running afoul of descriptor limits). Heavy LART and nearly undetectable
    one - fuser comes empty, process doesn't stand out in top or ps output,
    no extra links, no nothing. And quota running down.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.018 / U:28.812 seconds]