SubjectRe: Can't hardlink in different dirs. (BUG#826)

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> I completly agree with you that the suid hardlink issue is not a good
> point for the above issues. Doing >suid is the right thing to do.
> But for the quota forbidding the hardlink in such case is a good point

Same mechanism. If I see that foo is nearing the quota I can nohup the
_small_ program that will run through foo's directories every hour and
open everything new. If I'll be in really nasty mood I'll send it to
myself through AF_UNIX socketpair and come out clean on fuser (and avoid
running afoul of descriptor limits). Heavy LART and nearly undetectable
one - fuser comes empty, process doesn't stand out in top or ps output,
no extra links, no nothing. And quota running down.