    Subjectnfs-utils 0.1.5 is released.
    On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 12:29:27AM +0000, Russell King wrote:
    > Hi hjl,
    >
    > I'm sure this is a FAQ, but where can I find knfsd-1.4.7.tar.gz (which
    > is referenced in Alan's 2.2.14pre15 patch)?

    The knfsd tar file has been replaced by nfs-utils.

    --
    H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)
    --

    WARNING: The NFS servers in Linux 2.2 to 2.2.13 are not compatible with
    other NFS client implemenations. If you plan to use Linux 2.2.x as an

    1. Set the environment variable, CVS_RSH, to ssh.
    2. Login to the Linux NFS CVS server:

    # cvs -z 3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org:/cvsroot/nfs login

    without password if it is your first time.

    3. Check out the current Linux 2.2 NFS kernel:

    a. From the NFS V2 branch:

    # cvs -z 3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org:/cvsroot/nfs co -r linux-2-2-nfsv2 linux-2.2

    b. From the main trunk:

    # cvs -z 3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org:/cvsroot/nfs co linux-2.2

    4. If you don't want to use the current NFS kernel, you can find out
    for which kernels the NFS patch is available:

    # cd linux-2.2
    # cvs -z 9 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org:/cvsroot/nfs status -v Makefile

    Then generate the kernel patch:

    # cvs -z 3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org:/cvsroot/nfs rdiff -ko -u -r linux-2-2-xx -r linux-2-2-xx-nfsv2-xxxxx linux-2.2

    If there is no NFS patch for the kernel you are interested in, you have
    to make a patch closest to your kernel version and apply it by hand.

    There is a Linux NFS kernel source tree for Linux 2.3, linux-2.3, on
    the Linux NFS CVS server. We will need all the help we can get. To
    contribute to the Linux NFS project, please go to

    http://www.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org

    You register yourself. Please send an email to
    nfs-admin@linuxnfs.sourceforge.org with

    1. Your user id on www.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org.
    2. The area in NFS you'd like to work on.

    You will be notified when it is done.

    There is a Linux NFS mailing list at

    You can subscribe it and search the mailing list archive via a web
    browser.

    The nfs-utils package is available from the CVS server:

    # cvs -z 3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org:/cvsroot/nfs co nfs-utils

    will get the latest version.

    The files are

    ftp://ftp.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org/pub/nfs/nfs-utils-0.1.5.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org/pub/nfs/nfs-utils-0.1.4-0.1.5.diff.gz

    To compile, just do

    # ./configure
    # make

    # make install

    will install the nfs-utils binaries. You have to install the NFS
    service scripts. There are 2 in etc/redhat provided for RedHat 6.x.
    They are tested on RedHat 6.1.

    On RedHat 6.1, you can use

    # rpm -ta nfs-utils-0.1.5.tar.gz

    to build the source and binary RPMs.

    If your mount from util-linux is too old, you will need 2 patches:

    ftp://ftp.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org/pub/nfs/util-linux-2.9o-mount-nfsv3.patch
    ftp://ftp.linuxnfs.sourceforge.org/pub/nfs/util-linux-2.9w-mount-nfsv3try.patch

    Thanks.

    H.J.
    hjl@lucon.org
    12/19/99

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:4.764 / U:0.008 seconds]