SubjectRe: More on the IDE multiwrite problem
   From: Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch>
Date: 18 Dec 1999 21:57:38 +0100

Then I would suggest to have the low level drivers register a function
that does the chipset specific stuff. The generic IDE code really
shouldn't know anything about disable_irq()/enable_irq() nor try to
use them.

I think one of the things Mark was trying to say is that some
IDE chipsets have no mechanism or the mechanism is undocumented.

To handle all cases, if we did callbacks, we should need a default
one which did the disable_irq/enable_irq trick.

Do you know how all the IDE chipsets on m68k implement irq disabling?
If you have the platform with the problem, not being able to answer
this question makes going to such callbacks futile as nothing will
change.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.107 / U:0.212 seconds]