    SubjectRe: More on the IDE multiwrite problem
       From: Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch>
    Date: 18 Dec 1999 21:57:38 +0100

    Then I would suggest to have the low level drivers register a function
    that does the chipset specific stuff. The generic IDE code really
    shouldn't know anything about disable_irq()/enable_irq() nor try to
    use them.

    I think one of the things Mark was trying to say is that some
    IDE chipsets have no mechanism or the mechanism is undocumented.

    To handle all cases, if we did callbacks, we should need a default
    one which did the disable_irq/enable_irq trick.

    Do you know how all the IDE chipsets on m68k implement irq disabling?
    If you have the platform with the problem, not being able to answer
    this question makes going to such callbacks futile as nothing will
    change.

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:95.896 seconds]