SubjectRe: [Fwd: Dual Celery on BP6]
On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Aaron Holtzman wrote:

> It's capable of 100MHz as long as you meet the cooling requirements.
> With two cpus, the chipset is required to do almost twice as much work.
> The heat has to go somewhere...

I am definitely not disputing this point, but it appears the even those
who have changed the gree heatsink with something larger and lowered this
chip temperature substantially are still experiencing the problem
(overclocked or not). Are you of the opinion that this is entirely a heat
problem?

> My bp6 2x366 box locks up solid with a mean period of about one week.
> I really wish I could tell if it's my hardware or the kernel choking
> the chicken. Anyone want to lend me a 32 channel high speed logic
> analyzer?

I noticed regular lockup problems on the 2.2.x kernels when others (not
specifically BP6 users) noticed them. 2.3.x has been quite a bit better,
but my machine is typically not up a week (intentionally) due to other
commitments.

mike.