    SubjectRe: [Fwd: Dual Celery on BP6]
    Mike Frisch wrote:

    > On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Ted Sikora wrote:
    >
    > > The errors are definitely produced by overclocking! I stepped the cpu
    > > down to 78Mhz and all errors disappeared. The new 100Mhz Celerons also
    > > ran fine
    > > but anything over 100Mhz the errors appeared as I anticipated.
    >
    > Out of curiousity, are you using extra cooling on the AGPset?

    No. All original... your case design may be a factor. I have an Enlight
    with 2 other fans besides the ps/fan. 1 front mounted pulling air in and
    1 larger one at the back even with the ps.(You can feel a strong flow
    from front to back over the video card and out almost even with the
    cpu's.) I have the original Intel fans that came in the retail packages.
    I meant to change them but @2.05v the average temp is 85-89degrees and
    the internal system temp is usually 5 degrees cooler. At 2.10v the
    temperature immediately jumps over 100 degrees. The Enlight case is also
    much longer than normal. The BP6 fit with room to spare.

    If not, is
    > it possible that the heatsink on this chip is simply too small and that
    > heat is, in fact, the problem?
    Very possible but if it gets errors at 66Mhz I would say the chip is out
    of spec. From experience I would say *every* Celeron should clock at
    75Mhz effortlessly, error free. The 400 being the best for higher
    speeds. Intels design spec is pretty much maxed out at 450 for the
    Celeron I was told.

    *100Mhz* I was a little dissappointed today. I opened a package
    we got yesterday assuming the new 100FSB Celerons were there. Our
    distributor put them on the order sheet so I ordered a few assuming they
    were out. Thats the only place they exist I guess... the order sheet. I
    guess were all stuck with 300A and 366A's for 100FSB once again.

    Regards,
    --
    Ted Sikora
    Jtl Development Group