SubjectRe: Linux the tree of Money
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Paradox3 wrote:

> Of course Redhat is free. Everyone on this list knows that, *BUT* the
> investors who are driving the prices up don't. I fail to see why Redhat
> should be considered a market leader when it isn't making any money at all.
> Stock prices *are supposed* to be based on earnings.

This is totally irrelevant however it is worth correcting this. Stock
market values are based upon what the market expects the companies FUTURE
earnings to be. Current earnings, if any, are one indicator among many
others.

Just goes to show I spent far too long working in the merchant banking
sector.

Jason Clifford http://www.definitelinux.com/
Definite Linux - The UK's leading distribution with crypto support
**** Linux Workstation and Server Systems ****

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.186 / U:0.048 seconds]