SubjectRe: [security] Big problem on 2.0.x? (fwd)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Ok. As long as everyone else accepts it. What does the almighty penguin
> > say about this?
>
> I have no idea. I don't have time to sort out 2.0,but i do have time to
> review a 2.0.39 suggested set from someone who is willing to do all the leg
> work.

I can certainly look at 2.0.x updates too, but I also suspect that the
people who REALLY care are the distribution makers. I don't have any
strong feelings about 2.0.x - although I _do_ suspect that you have to be
even more careful than usual, because you're not going to get very much
testing any more..

The people who are still on 2.0.x are not the kind of people who are
excited about testing unless they have major problems, and THAT in itself
is a problem - it means that you get a very self-selected tester list,
which may result in exactly the wrong output from testing. So I would
suggest you only apply stuff that is "obviously correct" from reading the
sources and directed testing, but I don't care enough about 2.0.x to
really argue strongly one way or the other..

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.182 / U:0.100 seconds]