    SubjectRe: [security] Big problem on 2.0.x? (fwd)
    > Could you tell me about the other known bugs privately? I don't care at

    I think they are all public anyway. The major 2.0.x bugs left are

    o Obscure race causing very occasional tcp socket free while in use
    causing crash in sock_wmalloc and similar
    o "BUG copied...." in TCP (harmless)
    o Cannot configure shared memory limits to avoid overcommits
    o TCP blind spoofing vulnerabilities
    o CLONE_PID needs stopping from user space
    o Incomplete locking for threaded apps (notably versus file locking)
    o TCP memory leak somewhere. I think Chris Wedgewood may have found this
    o PS/2 can load and then fail to init. Accessing psaux then crashes
    o Can't boot on an old old Cyrix/TI CPU (ditto with 2.2 I think). The
    code turns on the cpuid flag but doesnt then check to see if CPUID
    is now available so reboots when it calls cpuid
    o Quota races
    o Very occasional NFS crashes with "evil packet..."
    o IDE geometry bugs as 2.2 had

    Needs lots of driver updates (aic etc). I have archived mails about these
    including patches in some cases

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.020 / U:0.872 seconds]