SubjectRe: Ok, making ready for pre-2.4 and code-freeze..
Hello,

From my TODO list:

> About 70% of device drivers dont have the setup code fixed. In many cases that
> makes them unusable non modular
> About 1/3rd of the ISA device drivers using memory mapped IO are still broken

I'm currently working with Avery Pennarun on integrating his Arcnet changes
with mine to make the Arcnet driver work in 2.3.

Also, we should take a glance at all PCI drivers and fix the remaining ones
to use the new resources and call pci_enable_device().

What about the VISWS stuff? Is there anybody maintaining it? The last time
I've tried it didn't even compile. It was touched by lots of i386-specific
changes (including my PCI changes), but probably not tested.

Several drivers (at least sonicvibes.c) try to assign resources themselves,
which is not going to work.

Ad DHCP support for IP-Config: Probably should be postponed to 2.5.

Did anyone solve the fbcon scrollback races?

Routing by fwmark doesn't compile (at least it didn't a few versions
ago and I didn't see any changes in this area yet).

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> <mj@suse.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"What color is a chameleon on a mirror?"