    SubjectRe: kernel not willing to uncompress without keyboard
    I have a feeling that its the empty_8042 routine in arch/i386/boot/setup.S
    that's causing you problems.... without a keyboard attached, some
    controllers will hang there, sadly. If you feel brave, take a look in
    setup.S around lines 598 (where we enable a20) and 783 (the empty_8042
    routine itself) and see if you can get rid of those calls to empty_8042
    or otherwise screw around in there so that it doesn't wait forever to
    empty the controller's buffers.

    Chris Noe
    (stiker@northlink.com)