SubjectRe: Bash Issues
On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 12:21:16PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> Alexander Viro wrote:

> > ... for values of "something" being "clueless luser with ego on steroids"
> > Frankly, in _any_ UNIX software house your lack of clue would cost you job
> > in a week (if your boss would be kind enough to give you such week for
> > reading the fscking manual, that is).
>
> Except that I am indepentdly wealthy and unlike most other folks, I
> don't have to "work" for someone else as a "career employee", in fact,
> I've got lots of folks working for me. Now go wash out your mouth with
> soap .... shame shame, treating a fellow Linux developer so mean ....

If you want to be considered a "Linux developer", learn about the damned
thing before coming in here and whining. Al Viro is a /very/ good source of
clues, *especially* if you're doing filesystem work. He just happens to speak
his mind occasionally. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Follow ups -> me only, please[0].

[0] Yeah, I'll read up about that Mail-Followup-To stuff one day.

--
"downtown baby its a million to one, you can even name your poison.
standing in line by the exit sign, suicide alley is calling"