    SubjectRe: READ/WRITE CDROM
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > > I have been using a hacked sd.c to allow me to write to a floptical
    > > drive. Now I have a real SCSI READ/WRITE CDROM (Yamaha CRW6416SZ).
    >
    > Im suprised you need to hack it for flopticals.

    To get the max compatibility, CDROM-compatible drives need to present
    themselves as a CDROM drive. So even if it's a floptical, which
    normally present themselves as a "removable optical device", once it
    has CDROM compatibility it will present itself as a CDROM to be
    compatible with the large amount of thirdparty software that allows
    you to do audio playback from CDROMs. (which on MS operating systems
    probably doesn't use the right drivers)

    Roger.

    "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame it on you."