    SubjectRe: Windows 9x and RFC1323
    > In my experience it was the pair of options: sack and window
    > scaling, that caused the problems when turned on.

    Are you sure its not broken VJ compression on some RAS device
    somewhere?

    > > have SACK enabled on machines that make hundred if not thousands of
    > > connections to both solaris and windows machines every day... if
    > > there are problems, I've not seen them -- but then again, I'm
    > > certainly not looking either.

    > If I'm not mistaken, most of my customers reporting the problem were using
    > PPP connection to their ISP which used the Portmaster hardware. Our 3Com
    > RAS1500 connections never had those problems.

    Yes, I've hear this before -- SACK may well be broken but there are
    other known problems out there that make SACK, wscale and timestamps
    look broken when in fact they may not be...

    -cw

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.022 / U:151.396 seconds]