       Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:58:48 -0800
    From: "Jeffrey B. Siegal" <>

    If so, fine. I can see the justification for it, but its a
    dangerous decision that should be made carefully.

    It's not dangerous, and it's a pretty simple decision.
    Turning it off will have a domino result:

    1) Linux turns it off by default
    2) Nobody except rare souls who turn it on will find
    3) Vendors of buggy systems won't get any problem reports
    about their SACK implementation
    4) SACK may as well have not been created in the first place

    And the fact that absolutely _nobody_ has provided any tcpdump
    traces of failed or misbehaving connections keeps me from even
    knowing if SACK is really the core problem. I can't even know
    whether Linux is the real culprit or not without this debugging

    David S. Miller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:2.132 seconds]