    SubjectRe: linux interrupt handling problem
    > The requirement for a sti() in interrupts makes it impossible to utilize
    > these priorities to achieve better interrupt perfomance. What other people
    > sometimes would like to have - the ability to preempt slow interrupts -
    > get we for free implemented in hardware, but we can't use it because of
    > the above requirement. :(

    I can find no requirement that sti() in interrupts actually does anything.
    It seems quite permissible for it to be a non inside of an IRQ handler or
    to only lower the level to the current irq level

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:5.824 seconds]