    SubjectRe: Kernel related StarOffice 5.1a problem
    > I agree the old semantic is not nice. But it had none underlying problem
    > and there was software depending on it. After all /proc is special anyway
    > and I believe there's no standard enforcing rules on it ;).

    We broke kppp with a security fix. Fixing readlink() broke a buggy glibc
    version. Fixing file opening broke a buggy java tool. It isnt like there
    are no other java engines. Whoever built the buggy jdk needs to build an
    unbuggy one. Someone at needs to type make.

    The one I feel most sorry for is actually kppp. Both readlink() and open()
    have clear posix/SUS definitions. kppp got caught by a neccessary fix that
    is enshrined only in 'tradition'

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:20.588 seconds]