SubjectRe: cdrom data 2.2.14pre4 ?
On Tue, Nov 09 1999, roel@grobbebol.xs4all.nl wrote:
> > That sounds like you are trying to copy data from a CDi / Video CD.
> > In Linux that is only supported by using an ioctl to grab the data,
> > since we can't use ordinary reads to get to the data. Comparable
> > to CDDA. This is why you get the above error message.
>
> that makes sense, Dan, Jens.
>
> thanks. ok, so I'll have to live with that for now (and copy the data via
> ftp/windows to my machine on jaz disk(s) to play a video.

There are stand alone programs that can help you read the data,
so you don't have to resort to Windows if you don't want to ;).
And at least mpegtv supports playing Video CD's directly. Try
searching the web and you're bound to find something (sorry,
don't have any URL's handy).

--
* Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
* Linux CD-ROM Maintainer