    I first will describe my hardware:
    * Intel Celeron (Mendocino) 466MHz (not overclocked)
    * ABIT BX6 1.0 Motherboard with a PIIX4 IDE Interface(think it is like that)
    * IBM Deskstar 5400RPM, 8,4 GB, UDMA, 1027 Cylinders, splitted into 2
    partitions. The first partition (hda1) is at 6GB (750 Cylinders) and the
    other (hda2) is at 2GB. At hda1 i got windows and at hda2 i got Linux ext2
    * 2 CDROMS (I had these CDROM's out when i tested)
    * 1 EPOX Converter from Socket 370 to Slot 1.
    * 64 MB PC100 RAM
    * 235Watt Aopen HX85 Housing..
    * A 17" Goldstar 1725 monitor
    * Leadtek S320II Riva TNT2 32MB SGRAM, TVOUT
    * One ISA NE2000 networkcard
    * One soundcard ESS 688.

    My problem is :
    When i try to mount my partitions my screen goes totaly blank (in standby
    mode, it doesn't get any signal from the graphic card). Just in the moment i
    push enter (mount /dev/hda2 /mnt) the screen goes blank (i do this from a
    bootdisk). Then I move that harddrive to another computer (A AMD K6-2
    333MHz, Super 7 motherboard MSI (Microstar) 5169, 32MB RAM (i had the 64
    once to)) the partitions work perfectly. Windows runs fine. The harddisk
    hasn't any viruses. But when i got the HDD in the Celeron i can't run in
    linux, because directly as it schould mount the drive it goes totaly black.
    And if i want to mount my windows partition on the same harddrive it
    happends the same. I have tested with kernel version, 2.2.9 (own compiled),
    2.0.35 (Slackware 3.6 net.i), 2.2.13 (Slackware 7.0 net.i), and 2.2.13
    (Slackware 7.0 bareapm.i).
    I have tested with this:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda (and hda2)
    and then refdisked it, but it gets the same fault, blank screen.
    And when i try to make a ext2 filesystem on the drive it blank screens too
    (mke2fs /dev/hda2(when i have booted up with bootdisks)). It works in
    windows, so maybe bad support for the IDE Controller (it stands PIIX4: and
    Triton.. ) but i don't think that. The processor isn't overclocked. And i
    have tested to mount this partitions (hda1 and hda2) and it blankscreens
    every time just after i hit enter. Fdisk doesn't report any fault. I have
    disabled as much i could in BIOS of the APM settings. Please reply to

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.021 / U:56.020 seconds]