    SubjectRe: toplevel Makefile bug and simple fix
    "Theodore Y. Ts'o" wrote:
    > Broken distributions like Slackware used to make /usr/include/linux and
    > /usr/include/asm not be symlinks, and this was a disaster, because they
    > would then upgrade the kernel indepedently of /usr/include, and it meant
    > that I could not support my stand-alone device drivers that are
    > distributed in source form.

    I don't know if slackware used to do that, but I'm running slackware 6.3
    beta (with some 7.0 packages) and it uses symlinks. I'm pretty sure it
    used symlinks back in the 3.x days - I remember getting weird errors
    whenever I tried to compile something relating to header files missing
    when I removed the kernel source (back when I was just starting out with

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:9.676 seconds]