    SubjectRe: Linux Buffer Cache & Mirroring

    You also need to warn folks that the page used to do this cannot span a
    page boundry. We use tracking labels to track memory leaks (since the
    linux kernel does not provide this service) and discovered that the
    drivers get DMA timeout errors if you allocate two pages (since the
    tracking header is above the allocation and causes the page start addres
    to be 16 bytes into the page), then use a buffer heads to span one
    (which seems broken).

    Also, I noticed that brw page locks the page in memory. I am not doing
    this and am not seeing any problems, but should I? I am calling kmallov
    with GFP_BUFFER. Does this take care of the locking problem for IO?