SubjectRe: Q: status of Athlon support
Date
In article <linux.kernel.199911281755.SAA04732@tieffe.intranet>,
Gabriele Turchi <turchi@tieffesistemi.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>I've searched the list archive, but found no complete answer to my question:
>what is current state of linux support for systems based on the Athlon?

I can't speak for 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3, but I've got a pair of production
systems (the Mastodon build machine and a workstation) that are running
2.0.28+logo perfectly happily on K7/500's. One of them is on the ASUS
K7 motherboard, the other one is on the FIC motherboard, and the only
problem with both of these is that they will not boot with a genuine
IBM keyboard attached to them. (If you disconnect the IBM keyboard,
boot the machine, then plug it in so the machine won't freak out when
it can't find a keyboard, everything is happy. Non-IBM keyboards don't
provoke this problem, which is *extremely* annoying and will keep my
personal workstations as K5s and K6s for the immediate future.)

____
david parsons \bi/ And they're wicked fast, too.
\/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.029 / U:0.260 seconds]