    SubjectRe: Patent
    On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 09:40:01AM -0500, Seth M. Landsman wrote:

    > Of course, it might be worth it to follow Ted's advice and just
    > let it be. I'd be slightly concerned that this could turn into a
    > frivolous law suit where they try to win by throwing money at the legal
    > system, though.

    One ploys used is to let someone violate your patent, then when sufficient
    monies are involved nail them. I know of a case in which the patent
    holder knew a company was infringing and just waited until they became
    big enough to make it worthwhile. They won the suit and took over the
    offending company in the process.

    This was before the word stealth was in common use.

    --
    Louis-ljl-{labash@lou1.ll.siue.edu}