    SubjectRe: question on do_initcall
    On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Ralf Baechle wrote:

    > On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 01:40:29PM +0100, Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de wrote:
    >
    > > I'd like to convert a driver to the __setup scheme and would like to know
    > > in which order do_initcall calls them. Could someone tell me ?
    >
    > In link order. Better don't make assumptions about the order, it's not
    > explicitly guaranteed.
    >
    > Ralf

    But a certain order is needed. I need to have the soundcard initialised
    before the gameport is initialised or the gameport cannot be accessed.
    This is just one problem. The irda protocal needs get_random_bytes during
    initialisation.
    I tried to get the ide driver to accept hdx=ide-scsi, but my __setup
    functions keep getting called at the very beginning of the visible boot.
    What am I doing wrong ?

    Oliver Neukum

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.018 / U:60.468 seconds]