SubjectRe: Memory problems revisited (follow-up)
On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Alex Buell wrote:

> I'm beginning to wonder whether it's the motherboard or the processors
> themselves. This machine has never been overclocked or had the bus
> speed overclocked.

I just took out the second processor and re-ran the tests. It's just done
its third run and all's well. Wierd. I'm going to swap processors over
(take out the "good" processor and put in the "bad" processors and see if
the errors happens. If it does, there's the culprit. If not, it has to be
something that goes wrong when both processors are in the system.

Anyone seen this hardware problem in the past? Motherboard is a Supermicro
P6DNF if that's relevant.

Cheers,
Alex
--

Legalise cannabis today! Got GnuPG? Ask me for public key.

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk - updated!