    SubjectRe: Announce: LVM Patch against kernel 2.3.28
    > That said, we don't distrurb other folks's code, so why is it such an issue?
    > I don't understand the comment about exporting half of the buffer cache into
    > itself.

    Because its not easy to prove you dont disturb other code. You make some stuff
    global that wasnt for example.

    > > There is also a problem that right now neither ext3 or reiserfs can journal
    > > over software raid.
    > This is a RAID/MM design issue. Surely you can't blame us for that one.... and
    > surely it is not so hard to make journaling and RAID exclusive configurations
    > until it gets worked out.....

    I'm not blaming anyone for it. Someone asked for a state of play. Current state
    of play is raid+journalling = problems. I don't see how 'blame' applies to that

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.024 / U:4.004 seconds]