    SubjectRe: [patch] 2.3.24: binfmt_script.c should support DOS end of lines

    > A rather unusual but completely legal file name. Its quite legal to have both
    > bash\r and bash as two totally different interpreters.

    In this manner, it is also possible to construct names with \n. So how are you
    to correctly find bash\n with the current parsing?

    > Next people will want the kernel to automatically decode scripts accidentally
    > saved in ms word format.

    This is a slippery slope argument. If there were a large enough user base of
    people accidentally saving files in ms word format, and it was a one line fix,
    and it didn't break anything else, then I would agree with you that the kernel
    should support this.

    But you probably have better things to do than argue with the likes of me.
    Thanks for the joust.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.030 / U:5.860 seconds]