SubjectRe: Split the kernel sources

[Richard Gooch]
> Maybe what we need is to restrict posting access to linux-kernel to
> those people who know a particular "secret". That secret should be
> split into several parts and scattered in random places in the FAQ
> (buried amongst the normal questions). This would force people to
> read the FAQ before posting.

Hey, that might work ... but they should only have to provide the
"secret" for the first post. And known clueful posters (say, anyone in
CREDITS or MAINTAINERS, plus anyone who has posted Useful Things in the
last two months) could be grandfathered.

However, all this would have the same unfortunate effect as a
closed-posting list -- cutting off a lot of bug reports....
Peter Samuelson