    Subject"invalid parameter parm_io" when trying to "modprobe -k sound"
    I have seen this question being asked many times on etc, but with
    no response.

    I have a Sony Vaio PCG-C1XE PictureBook with a Yamaha YMF-744B PCI sound
    card which I am trying to get working with Linux. I understand that the
    YMB-744B is currently only supported with Legacy SB Support as Yamaha will
    not release docs.

    When I manually insert the modules it works fine, but when I do a "modprobe
    -k sound" I get an error "invalid parameter parm_io".

    I am using modutils-2.3.6 on kernel 2.3.28 and this is my conf.modules file

    alias char-major-14 sound
    alias sound sb
    options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1

    when I remove "alias sound sb" and run "modprobe -k sb" it works ok, but
    this means auto loading as required by the kernel does not work.

    What can I do to get this working?

    P.S. is this 8 bit Soundblaster PRO sound the best I can expect for the near
    future? (That is without shelling out $30 for OSS/Linux)

    Robert Lowery
    Software Engineer
    Colorbus Australia
    1044 Dandenong Road, Carnegie, Victoria 3163
    Tel direct: +61 3 8574 8014
    Fax office: +61 3 8574 8008

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.022 / U:101.768 seconds]