    SubjectRe: SIGURG
    > According to my Database vendor, SIGURG is not reliable on Linux systems.  I
    > don't have the knowledge to know how SIGURG is supposed to work, but
    > apparently its only delivered once for a given process on a linux system,
    > while it is delivered as often as signaled for a Solaris system. Does this
    > make *any* sense? I had a read thru the code in the kernel around signals,

    SIGURG is the urgent data indicator. It isnt reliable at the TCP protocol level
    because multiple queued urgent data markers can be in flow together and there
    is only one urgent data pointer.

    Nobody appears to have filed a bug about it, so I would assume there isn't one.
    Ask your Database vendor to actually report this if they have a bug and
    include some kind of small demo code example if possible.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.065 / U:89.952 seconds]