    SubjectStarOffice 5.1a problem
    Well, can I add few words, as an ordinary user, to StarOffice 5.1a
    dicussion.

    For example at my home, without StarOffice there will be no Linux running.
    And not that I need it personally, but my wife does, and she spends 5
    hours a day with computer doing work, and I'm just having fun with Linux.
    So as long as StarOffice/kernel combination does not work, at best
    I cannot upgrade to new kernel version, at worst I'll be back to Windows.

    With all respect to kernel developers crowd (after all
    I follow this mailing list !) I don't think one should just off hand
    break StarOffice (even if it their portability problem) and just
    let end-users to fix it (or submit bug to Sun, which is similar).
    If kernel changes which breaks important software on which many people
    depend are required (or desired), it would be good policy that developers
    contact software vendor and inform them about required changes.

    Regards, Dmitri Pogosian

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:2.410 / U:0.096 seconds]