    SubjectRe: [Fwd: Getting IOCTL's into VFS File System Drivers]
    "Jeff V. Merkey" wrote:

    > Peter,
    >
    > Pardon me, but what APIs? The problem here is that NT supplies the
    > needed APIs and Linux doesn't. It's not a hack to allow folks to write
    > USER/KERNEL drivers through a general IOCTL interface. Linux doesn't
    > have one for FS drivers, but everyone else does. I can't use NWFS as a
    > boot FS if I cannot open symbolic handles to talk to the FS driver.

    You can't do that anyway! If it is the *ROOT* filesystem -- there is no
    such thing as a "boot filesystem" in Linux -- you don't have any
    userspace that you can open symbolic handles from.

    There is clearly a disconnect here, and I have utterly no clue what
    problem you're trying to solve. I'm pretty sure that you're asking the
    wrong question, because the question you're asking makes no sense.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.022 / U:29.212 seconds]