SubjectRe: Getting IOCTL's into VFS File System Drivers

All,

Here's the FS Control Dispatcher for the NT Version of NWFS on Windows
2000. You will note that there is an IRP for VERIFY_VOLUME. This is
the code that actually recovers failing file systems (like FSCK on
Linux). Since this interface not well documented, it's no surprise that
Michael doesn't know about it.

Please look over the attached.

Jeff

Michael Nelson wrote:

> > If NT really does what you describe... Well, small wonder that it's so
> > bloated.
>
> As far as I know, Chkdsk, the FS-specific checking DLLs, etc... are all
> user mode code. I don't know what mechanism Jeff is referring to re: auto
> invoking chkdsk on volume mounts, so I can't say how that's accomplished
> (probably makes a callback to user mode to invoke the utilities).
>
> -mike
>
> -
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/[unhandled content-type:application/x-unknown-content-type-cfile]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:2.498 / U:0.464 seconds]