SubjectRE: PUBLIC CHALLENGE: (was RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device a lloc ation) )
In <Pine.LNX.4.05.9910082210020.32297-100000@ns.snowman.net> Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net) wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Shawn Leas wrote:

>> And I think they're bullshit, and they're NOT reasons
>> to exclude the devfs, they are only reasons for you
>> to not use it.

> How about instead of coming up w/ something that works for some
> people and makes them happy, we try and work on coming up w/ something to
> replace the current system (albiet this is much harder) that is acceptable
> to everyone.

This is great idea. Just one problem: devfs exists for almost TWO YEARS now.
I've seen A LOT OF complains. I've NOT SEEN any other code to solve the same
problems.

Discussion is always the same:
- We have problems: ... (read the devfs FAQ), here is solution.
- Your solution is non-acceptable.
- But what about problems ?
- You solution is non-acceptable, go away.
repeat 100 times...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.235 / U:0.564 seconds]