SubjectRe: devfs again, (was RE: USB device allocation)
Horst von Brand wrote:

> Do the changes stick after a reboot? After a crash (or power outage)?
> Can I rename the files, and the changes stay?

if a userland daemon is sitting in the call path and catches the change and
updates a config file, the update is retained just dandy.

again, this is silly. it really is. change is always forthcoming. when you
stop changing, you stop learning and you stagnate and the world passes you
by.

instead of thinking of how this horrible idea impacts you, think of what
possibilities may lie ahead. improve, don't disparage.

-d

--
This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows NT reboot!
Do you remember how to -think- ? Do you remember how to experiment? Linux

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.119 / U:0.056 seconds]