    SubjectRE: PUBLIC CHALLENGE: (was RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device a lloc ation) )
    Date
    From: Stephen Frost [mailto:sfrost@mail.snowman.net]
    Subject: Re: PUBLIC CHALLENGE: (was RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device
    a lloc ation) )

    >> arguments, or they make no sense. (BTW, I think that's microsoft's
    >> problem.... they only consider the common case, not the full range of
    >> possibilities.)

    > I think the problem is, a replacement/permanent fix to the way /dev
    >is done currently would be nice. devfs is a step in the right direction,
    >but it needs to be something that can replace what is there otherwise it
    >isn't worth it to just add it on without fixing the real problem. As such,
    >just saying "don't use it" isn't a good argument.

    1) Your paragraph is invalid because devfs can
    be used in a number of capacities
    a) Fully replace standard /dev, and run
    in total compatibility mode. (And
    it has persistence with devfsd, no
    more bullshit from you people)
    b) Allow for automatic population of
    standard /dev
    c) deconfigured.
    2) You've all been notified of these very same
    things a zillion times.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:7.560 / U:0.032 seconds]