SubjectRE: PUBLIC CHALLENGE: (was RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device a lloc ation) )
Date
From: Stephen Frost [mailto:sfrost@mail.snowman.net]
Subject: Re: PUBLIC CHALLENGE: (was RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device
a lloc ation) )

>> arguments, or they make no sense. (BTW, I think that's microsoft's
>> problem.... they only consider the common case, not the full range of
>> possibilities.)

> I think the problem is, a replacement/permanent fix to the way /dev
>is done currently would be nice. devfs is a step in the right direction,
>but it needs to be something that can replace what is there otherwise it
>isn't worth it to just add it on without fixing the real problem. As such,
>just saying "don't use it" isn't a good argument.

1) Your paragraph is invalid because devfs can
be used in a number of capacities
a) Fully replace standard /dev, and run
in total compatibility mode. (And
it has persistence with devfsd, no
more bullshit from you people)
b) Allow for automatic population of
standard /dev
c) deconfigured.
2) You've all been notified of these very same
things a zillion times.