SubjectRe: [possible race in ext2] Re: how to write get_block?

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Alexander Viro wrote:

> Stephen, Ingo, could you look at the stuff above? Methink it means that we
> either must separate ext2_truncate() for directories (doing bforget() on
> the data blocks) _or_ put the directory blocks into the page cache and do
> block_flush(). I'ld rather prefer the latter. Moreover, we can stuff the
> indirect blocks into the page cache too (using negative offsets). That
> would leave us with pure buffer cache only for static structures.

yep we knew about this problem ... it's not quite an easy hack though.
Putting the directory block cache (and symlink block cache) into the page
cache would be the preferred method - this would also clean up the code
alot i think.

-- mingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.438 / U:0.100 seconds]