    SubjectRe: A though on multi-session cds
    On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 09:59:54AM -0400, Eric Kasten wrote:

    > A thought on multi-session cds. I've been considering using CD-Writers
    > as a way to create snapshots of certain types of critical data by
    > writing a new track to the CD periodically (essentially creating a set
    > of generation datasets on the CD). One of the down sides of this
    > is that there isn't a particularily easy way (that I've located) to access
    > the data tracks beyond track 01 -- ie, mount mounts track 01, but there
    > isn't a way to mount a different track that also has an isofs on it.

    isofs in 2.3.x (for suitable values of x, certainly >=15) has a
    session= parameter that you should be able to pass in via mount.

    What would be even more interesting is for cdrom block devices to make
    multiple sessions appear as partitions -- assuming people don't ever put
    _real_ partition tables on CD-ROMs, of course.

    --
    I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature.
    - Thomas Jefferson