From: John LeMay [mailto:jlemay@njmc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 5:51 PM
To: Christopher Turcksin; linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Ethernet Adapter support: Compaq, IBM

Christopher Turcksin wrote:

> John J. LeMay Jr. wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any info regarding kernel support for either the new
IBM
> > 10/100
> > PCI Ethernet adapters or for any of the Compaq Netflex or other Ethernet
> > adapters?
>
> All PCI ethernet adapters from IBM that I've seen are based on Intel's
> chips.
> eepro driver should take care of them.

Cool - I'll try it out!

> Otherwise, your mail is a wee bit vague on which IBM adapter you're
> talking about. A P/N or model no. would make it easier to look this up.

There is actually only one current PCI 10/100 Ethernet adapter available
from IBM, not counting the Netfinity series server adapters - the p/n is
34L1201. This was the one I was referring to. Sorry to be confusing!

Thanks to all who replied on this matter - I now have an answer for both
the Compaq and the IBM nic's!

--
John J. LeMay Jr.
NJMC, LLC.