    SubjectRe: predictable IP ID
    Date
    Hello!

    > Im unconvinced. Where is the exploit documented ?

    You've already read it. 8)

    > If the exploit relies on overwriting

    No, it does not.

    > Except that I construct attacks to use massive amounts of AVL tree space.
    > Very easily in fact. On something like an appliance with 8Mb of RAM that
    > makes the AVL setup a non solution and something better is needed

    It is not sensitive to this. Alan, you may be sure, memory hog would not
    pass through me, I am sitting on 8Mb box now and count each byte 8)

    Alan, I emphasize, it saves more than loses. We need reliable state storage
    in any case.

    Alexey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.033 / U:0.020 seconds]