SubjectRe: Web site on IDE patch status

In order to get the off board cards to boot you have to enable the option
first, now comes the FUN!!!!!!!!!

You are now required to determine the PCI card slot order.
Since LILO does not like to boot drives beyond the fourth device, in IDE
land. You must call "pci=reverse" to invert the pci-device scan order.

For starters, edit you lilo.conf file to default to prompt booting.
'linux pci=reverse' will invoke the process.

I expect the system to hang and it better hang if you have more that just
the onboard chipset. If it does not, I need to know. Will do a follow up
later once you hang your machine.........

Do not worry, it will never get to a partition check or mount.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Robert wrote:

> Andre, as you may remember from a prior email, I am anxious to get my
> HPT366 controller chipset working. At present I am using 2.2.12 with
> patches: ide.2.2.12.19991014.patch & raid0145-19990824-2.2.11. The system
> fails to boot when a drive is connected to either IDE3 or IDE4. In my
> case, it's more important to me that I can use the 3rd and 4th channels,
> than whether they run at 33 or 66. And of course I would be happy to
> supply additional information to you at any time. But I know you must be
> a busy guy.
>
> Anyway here is my question:
>
> Do you have a web site where I check in from time to time, to see the
> current status of your efforts and the latest patches and what they
> address: Here is the web address I am using at the moment, is there a
> better one? ftp://ftp.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/
>
> Best Regards,
> Robert Laughlin
>

> On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> > Hacking is easy........Doing it correct is pain.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.062 / U:0.560 seconds]