SubjectRe: sound support for NMA2 pci audio chip ?

[I tried to double check this on the siemens-fujitsu.de homepage but only
got an annoying shockwave animation without further info :-(]

Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> writes:

> siemens moviles 510agp notebook has a chip "NMA2 pci audio".
> at least the hardware documentation sais that. any idea how
> to get that chip running ? siemens support does not want to help :-(

Are you sure this isn't the Audio part of the new NeoMagic
MagicMedia256 that is appearing a lot of notebooks?
That is supported in 2.2.13preX for high X (at least Alan says so, I
used a separate patch from the net).

Jan

P.S. I just noticed that there is a skip intro link on that web
page[1] and indeed the 510agp as a Neomagic graphics chipset.

Footnotes:
[1] Hidden because they the frame they gratuitously popped up coming
from the siemens.de page is too small. They can make very nice PC's
but somebody should tell their web designers they could do with a
cutback on gimmicks.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.038 / U:0.432 seconds]