    	From Sun Oct  3 01:07:22 1999

    I exited the chroot environment and tried to remove the pts directory.
    This pts filesystem returned the error "file not found" - is this to
    be expected? This file not found error confused rm, which entered an
    infinite loop (perhaps I should file a bug report against rm?)

    The first is a kernel bug, the second an rm bug.
    Clearly, you already submitted a kernel bug report. I submitted a patch.
    It is a good idea also to submit an rm bug report.

    Is it a bug in the pts filesystem that it returns file not found? /proc
    does the same thing too, so it is probably normal (but still strange).

    Yes, it is the VFS code, not the individual filesystems.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.017 / U:5.684 seconds]