SubjectRe: cannot delete directory - why?
	From bam@snoopy.apana.org.au Sun Oct  3 01:07:22 1999

I exited the chroot environment and tried to remove the pts directory.
This pts filesystem returned the error "file not found" - is this to
be expected? This file not found error confused rm, which entered an
infinite loop (perhaps I should file a bug report against rm?)

The first is a kernel bug, the second an rm bug.
Clearly, you already submitted a kernel bug report. I submitted a patch.
It is a good idea also to submit an rm bug report.

Is it a bug in the pts filesystem that it returns file not found? /proc
does the same thing too, so it is probably normal (but still strange).

Yes, it is the VFS code, not the individual filesystems.

Andries

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.111 / U:0.100 seconds]