    SubjectRe: 2.2.13 ISDN funnies

    Karsten> BTW: What about routing, where the needed headroom is
    Karsten> realloced ? What I mean: e.g. a eth0 and a syncppp
    Karsten> interface. A packet comes from the ethernet, the
    Karsten> ethernet devices allocates the skb for it (I think with
    Karsten> no additional headroom, because it don't know about the
    Karsten> destination of this packet) then it is send to the
    Karsten> network stack, which send it to the syncppp device.
    Karsten> Which function allocates skb with the right headroom ?

    For ip in 2.2.13, re-alloction is done in ip_output.c::ip_queue_xmit()

    Karsten> I looked trough the code and don't find a place, where
    Karsten> ppp increase the
    dev-> hard_header_len for its need, but maybe the ETH_HLEN (14) is
    dev-> allways
    Karsten> bigger as the ppp headers ?

    isdn_ppp.c uses IPPP_MAX_HEADER, which is set to 10 (I looked through the code
    and it seems that the largest header which can actually occur in isdn_ppp
    will be 9 bytes).

    Henner

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.023 / U:92.920 seconds]