SubjectRe: opti 931
On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Anyway, if it wasn't such a crappy card (it's in a laptop. I've used linux
> > on 2 laptops with sound cards and have had bad experiences with the HW.
> > drivers work just fine) it wouldn't be so bad <g>
>
> Im actually quite fond of my 931. It works nicely.

Really? I get repeated, regular, popping sounds the second time I play
quake (so as you can see it is a very serious problem :), unloading and
reloading the module always seems to help.

The mad16 driver enables "mode2" and then uses the ad1848 "lowlevel", but
I'm not so sure it should enable mode2 for that. The ad1848 driver has
some cs4231 specific things for the indirect registers 16 to 31, and those
have totally different meaning for the opti931. I haven't figured out if
it actually writes anything in them or not, but if it does it probably
gets it wrong.

I have been meaning to get around to testing this, but it hasn't been
important enough. Also, I do have a fix for the ALSA opti driver so I can
use that instead ...

/Urban

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:2.508 / U:0.160 seconds]