    SubjectRe: [OT] Re: Colour blindness & the Linux Kernel Version History
    Dear David,

    Funny, I heard the opposite. - remembering back
    to when the BBC Micro was released in the UK.
    and the explanation of why it flew in the face
    of conventional wisdom by providing white writing
    on a black background. Vt100's, DOS windows and
    linux terminals do likewise whilst X11/MS windows
    have the reverse. I expect people want what they're
    used to, and the easiest way to make a "window"
    acceptible as the replacement of a piece of paper
    is to make it look like one.

    I find light writing on a dark background to
    be easier.

    Its cheaper to make books with black writing
    because white ink is harder to make (It has
    to be opaque, whereas black ink only has to

    I blame xerox.

    David Ford <> wrote in message
    > because it's proven that reading black text on a white background is
    easier on the
    > human eye than white text on a black background. ask your local
    opthamalogist or
    > etc.
    > -d

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.019 / U:10.244 seconds]