    SubjectLinux + DiskOnChip problems
    Hi, I'm having problems. Oh, and Linux isn't booting on this system of
    mine. It seems that when I have a DiskOnChip flashdisk installed (via an
    Eval board in a standard PC), the DOC steals some of the system's
    conventional memory, making Linux not boot. At least, it won't boot with
    Syslinux, grub, or netboot. LILO seems to handle things better, but the
    latter 3 all return errors about too little memory.

    I have stripped the kernel down as small as I can get it, and I still
    can't boot it with the DOC. Does anyone know if there is some solution to
    this dilemma, or should I just bite my tongue and use a LILO floppy? I'd
    rather not, since the netboot stuff is really cool. :^)

    Please cc: my real address...

    --
    | Ian Eure, <ieure@mindspring.com> |
    | "A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking."

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.018 / U:64.672 seconds]