    SubjectRe: FlashPoint card hanging system (BT-950)

    I have gotten a bit of help from Mylex Tech support. Jo suggested
    that I try updating the card BIOS to the latest version 1.41i. I
    have done that, and while I still get a couple of errors of the same
    type (stuck in the state BUS_FREE ) when I first start up, if I get
    past that (by mounting and unmounting a CD in my CDRW drive several
    times), it seems to work fine. I am currently burning a CD, and I
    have seen no errors through 95%, while last night, I got errors and
    an aborted operation in the first 1% (with the change I made to the
    driver to reset the card when it detected a stuck interrupt).

    I think I will try adding delays where Leonard suggested, and see
    if it takes the problem away completely.

    I guess I would suggest upgrading to the latest BIOS version to
    see if it helps. I had thought of doing this before, but didn't
    do it. I figured that since there was no real processor on the
    board, changing the bios wouldn't help. Perhaps, I just got lucky
    when I booted this time, or perhaps changing the BIOS really did
    help. I had 1.41d BIOS before.

    Anyway, it is nice not to have to wait for my root partition to be
    checked every time the SCSI card has a problem.

    Bill Lash

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.040 / U:30.868 seconds]