SubjectRe: serial.c (race?)
> The other solution is to put some kind of half-duplex support into the
> driver, but accept that different users may have to customize the kernel
> to add their specific device-specific timing constraints, or
> dependencies on other RS-232 signals. We could try generalizing the
> support, but I suspect there will also be some kind of wierd-sh*t
> hardware that demands something new that we hadn't thought of.

For most RS485 hardware, and most radio hardware it basically comes down to

TIOCMBITSENDING
modem bits when sending
udelay start
udelay end

The end one is a real pain on the 16x50 chips because there is no last bit
exited the fifo IRQ. For the scarab radio modems I jus write an extra byte
to avoid that one.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:54    [W:0.084 / U:0.976 seconds]